If you happened to hear me on North by Northwest on CBC Radio One this weekend, this post is for you. Here is a quick recap of the tools I offered in my chat with Sheryl.
Remember, if you feel like you need a little one on one help to get it going, I’m available for private coaching. Drop me an email here.
My version of the SMART acronym that will make you unstoppable as you pursue your goal. I’ve stroked out the traditional words that I don’t believe help and offered more powerful replacements.
How to be Queen
- Name the goal
- Brainstorm what has to have happened if you are Queen ( or whatever your goal is)
- Put those steps in order-that gives you a time frame.
- Most importantly-Start working your plan today
The problem isn’t that we aim high and miss, we aim low and hit
I learned many great lesons from my father, not the least of which was that you can fail at what you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love
Jim Carrey on Youtube
Seven Secrets to Unleashing your Inner Goal Setting Super Hero
- Don’t goal set from fear
- If it doesn’t’ feel like a stretch, you didn’t aim high enough
- If it’s a should, it isn’t a Resonant and Thrilling goal.
- Make sure your fuel for the goal is juicy- If I achieve this goal, who will I ‘be’? For the sake of what would I do this?
- Dream something that is 5 to 10 years away. It makes it less scary to think about
- Tell People! Enlist the world as your cheerleading team and resource.
- And never forget: There are NO crazy goals